Bad BloodRelease Date: 09/04/14Evernight Teen
Summary from Goodreads:
“I am Britannia. I am your protector. I will fend off the hungry hordes of undead hands that reach toward you. I am your steadfast defender. I will stand between you and the zombie masses as they try to taste your flesh. I am strong, unyielding, and dedicated to your survival. All I ask from you… is your blood.”
A 500 year bloody game of vengeance will need to be put on hold if vampires are to survive the zombie uprising. Bitter enemies, Britannia and Nicholas must work together to save un-infected humans, delivering them to a stronghold in Scotland.
Unable to drink the zombie blood, vampires need humans to stay alive. But will they tell the survivors who they are, and what they want from them? Will Britannia be able to hold back her vengeance? Is survivor Josh the reincarnation of Britannia’s murdered true love? And can she bring herself to deliver him to the safe hold?
Survival instincts run deep, but bad blood can run deeper.
I guess I’ve always been a storyteller, not in a ‘liar liar pants on fire’ kind of way, although I do work in advertising! When I was little, kids would crowd around me in the playground and I’d tell them tales of blood soaked horror filled with vampires, werewolves, ghosts and more. Yes, most would consider me a disturbed child, but my playmates couldn’t help themselves, they’d huddle around me every break time like an ancient tribe feeding off the fear; and that’s how I learned that horror stories hold a certain power, no matter what some might say, everyone is addicted to a good scare, especially if it is somewhat rooted safely in unrealistic beings… or are they unrealistic?
Writing was really a natural progression. Right now I’m obsessed with writing: a YA Urban Fantasy novel, a Paranormal Romance novella series, and several short horror stories! So I’m currently living in a functional fiction coma – and loving it!
I’ve so far been published in 5 countries: USA, UK, Australia, Ireland and Canada and had short stories included in 40 anthologies with over 17 publishers.
Books included are:
- Soul Taken/ Soul Possessed/ Soul Betrayed by Kaitlyn Duncan
- Crown of Ice by Vicki L Weavil
- Tangled Tides/ Dangerous Depths by Karen Amanda Hooper
- Shadows of Fate by Angela Dennis
- Divinity by Michelle L Johnson
- Call Me Grim by Elizabeth Holloway
- Darkness / Darkness Reigns by L M Justus
- The Guardian of Bastet by Jacqueline M Battisti
- My Sisters Reaper/ My Tethered Soul by Dorothy Dreyer
- Soul Bound/ Soul Deep by Anne Hope
- Daughter of Chaos by Jenn McConnel
- Wicked Hunger by Delsheree Gladden
- Shadow soul/ Shadow Heir by Kaitlyn Davis
- Into the Fire by Asheynn Drake
- Predator by Janice Gable Bashman
- Whispers in the Darkness by Vanessa Barger
- A Murder of Magpies by Sarah Bromley
- Prayer for the Dead/ Aeonian Kiss by Nicki Scalise
- Keeper of the Lost Souls/ Keeper of the Innocent by Kristy Centeno
Thank you to all the authors who contributed copies of their books. And a special thank you to http://month9booksblog.com/productscat/young-adult/ for their contributions.
Special Character Giveaway:Would you like to be a character in the Battle of the Undead books? Well here's your opportunity! Nicky Peacock is giving away the chance for you to create a character of your very own to star alongside: Britannia, Nicholas, Josh, Jack and all the others in the next novels.
You could be immortalized forever in a YA book! All you have to do is send an email entitled 'Bad Blood Character Giveaway' with your character on to: battleoftheundead (at) hotmail (dot) com Please include their name, gender, description, and whether they are a vampire, zombie, Vambie or human - and don't forget to say whether they are good or bad. Nicky will choose the best character and get in touch with the winner directly. Deadline for entries is the 30th November 2014.
Book Blitz Organized by: