by Charlotte Hubbard, Kelly Long, Jennifer Beckstrand~~~~~~~~~~~~~BLURB:
A Willow Ridge Christmas Pageant
Seth Brenneman didn’t expect his holiday would include rescuing pregnant young Mary Kaffman and her two children…or having unexpected feelings for the still-grieving widow. But when they must play the leads in an impromptu live Nativity pageant to help his Amish community, will their roles reveal their hearts—and work a miracle for a lifetime?
A Perfect Amish Christmas
Anna and Felty Helmuth’s grandson, Gideon, plans to spend Christmas on a beach in sunny Mexico. But Anna is quite sure he’d rather be with them, snowshoeing, ice fishing—falling in love. And she knows the perfect girl. Not only is Dottie Schrock an excellent quilter and baker, she’s having a party. There’s just one complication—Gideon is not invited. Dottie has her reasons, but Anna trusts that the spirit of Christmas—and true love-will change her mind, and her future …
A Perfect Amish Christmas
The trees grew thicker the farther he ventured off the road. Gid let Pete choose the pace as the horse gingerly plowed his way through the deepening snow. Snowflakes accumulated in Gid’s eyelashes and slithered down his neck despite Mammi’s fuzzy green scarf. His nose and cheeks felt raw in the biting wind.
Please, Lord, don’t let Dottie be out in this.
How far had he gone? Two, three miles? It was taking too long. He needed to find Dottie and he needed to find her now. And still, the snow fell in thick sheets.
He was just about to turn back when Pete nearly stumbled over an abandoned sleigh in the middle of the path. It was covered with snow, but its shape was easy enough to distinguish. His heart pounded even as a pit formed in his stomach.
It had to be Dottie’s sleigh. Where was Dottie?
Gid slid off Pete and studied the ground. His lantern cast a ghostly light over the snow. The drifts seemed less smooth to his left. Had Dottie led her pony farther into the woods? Maybe she had been so disoriented that she hadn’t known what direction she headed in.
Heavenly Father, please guide my steps.
Keeping his eyes glued to what looked like evidence of Dottie’s trail, Gid walked his horse deeper into the woods. He couldn’t see more than about four feet in front of him, but faint signs of footprints were enough to give him hope that he was going in the right direction.
A glint of something through the trees caught his eye. He put the lantern behind his back to smother its light. There it was, a tiny beacon up ahead. His heart jumped into his throat.
He trudged madly through the snow, pulling Pete behind him and keeping his gaze fixed on that light. He soon saw what he was headed toward. The dark shape of a hunter’s cabin loomed in front of him with a tiny light shining in one of the windows.
He guided Pete around the cabin until he found a door. Without even thinking to knock, he shoved the door open and lifted his lantern. A pony stood inside the small room, where half the floor was covered with snow. The pony looked no worse for the wear, even though he had to be cold.
He dropped Pete’s lead and stepped around the pony to another doorway, letting his light show the way. He could almost hear his clamoring heartbeat as he glimpsed a dark figure huddled in the corner. Holding his breath, he lifted the lantern higher and nearly passed out with relief.
“You came,” she whispered.
AUTHORs Bio and Links:Jennifer Beckstrand
Jennifer Beckstrand is the bestselling author of The Matchmakers of Huckleberry Hill series and the Forever After in Apple Lake series, set in two Amish communities in beautiful Wisconsin. She has always been drawn to the strong faith and the enduring family ties of the Plain people and loves writing about the antics of Anna and Felty Helmuth, the two scheming Amish grandparents who try to help their grandchildren find suitable mates in Huckleberry Hill. Who would ever suspect two elderly Amish folks of mischief?
Jennifer has a degree in mathematics, which comes in handy when one of her six children needs help with algebra. After twenty-five years of being a chauffeur, cook, maid, and nurse, she embarked on a writing career. Jennifer is a member of Romance Writers of America and is represented by Mary Sue Seymour of The Seymour Agency.
She and her husband have been married for thirty years, and she has four daughters, two sons, and two adorable grandsons, whom she spoils rotten.
You can find out more about Jennifer and her books by going to her website: jenniferbeckstrand.com or visiting her Facebook page: Jennifer Beckstrand Fans.
- Twitter: @JenniferBeckst1Charlotte HubbardMany moons ago—like, in 1983 while I was still a school librarian—I sold my first story to True Story magazine. This launched me into writing about seventy of those “true confessions” stories over the years, and I’ve been a slave to my overactive imagination ever since. My stories invariably take on a life of their own, different from the way I’ve proposed them: I love it when unforeseen characters and plot twists come along, because they keep me guessing right along with my readers!
I love touring historic homes, trying new recipes, crocheting, and playing with my border collie Ramona—although it’s humbling, having a dog smarter than I am! I’m an ordained Presbyterian deacon, and I devote a lot of time to singing in my church choir and to practicing/performing with our percussion ensemble. I’m celebrating more than thirty-five years with my husband, who—bless him—has never once suggested I get a real job!
- Kensington Books: http://www.kensingtonbooks.com/book.aspx/30305
- The Book Depository: http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/book/9781617735547
- Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=161773554X/
- Barnes & Noble: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbninquiry.asp?ean=9781617735547
- B-A-M: http://www.booksamillion.com/product/9781617735547
- Chapters: http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/a/9781617735547-item.html
- IndieBound: http://www.indiebound.org/book/9781617735547
- Powell’s: http://www.powells.com/biblio?isbn=9781617735547
- Kensington Books: http://www.kensingtonbooks.com/book.aspx/30377
- Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/Amish-Christmas-Quilt-Charlotte-Hubbard-ebook/dp/B00JVW6H5U/
- Nook: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/an-amish-christmas-quilt-charlotte-hubbard/1118482472?ean=9781617735554
- iBooks: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/an-amish-christmas-quilt/id868217805?mt=11
THE AUTHORs WILL BE GIVING AWAY:
The authors will be awarding a $25 Amazon GC to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour,
and a $25 Amazon GC to a randomly drawn host.
a Rafflecopter giveaway