St. Patrick's Day is almost upon us! Typically, we associate the holiday with drinking, drinking, and drinking. Oh, and being Irish.But there's a lot more to St. Patrick's Day than most people know. Truthfully, you've probably been living a lie. When you learn all the facts, this holiday actually kind of... sucks.Sorry to burst your bubble, but here are 10 brutally honest facts about St. Patrick's Day.
- St. Patrick wasn't Irish.
- Historians believe he was born in what is now England, Scotland or Wales.
- St. Patrick's color is blue.
- St. Patrick's Day as we know it was invented in America.
- March 17th is the day St. Patrick died.
- St. Patrick didn't drive all the snakes from Ireland.
- The shamrock isn't the symbol of Ireland.
- St. Patrick's Day used to be a dry holiday.
- Corned beef and cabbage isn't a traditional Irish dish.
- There are more Irish people living in the U.S. than Ireland.
- Your odds of finding a four-leaf clover are slim to none.
But let's end on a happy note. At least these two guys are Irish.
Happy St. Patrick's Day, everyone!