Title: WILDFLOWERBy ALEXANDRA FORRYBook Genre: Contemporary RomancePublisher: CreateSpace
Independent Publishing Platform
Release Date: March 4, 2014Buy Link(s):
AmazonBook Description:In this beautiful and moving story of love, growth, and redemption among the stunning red rocks of Sedona, Arizona, Sydney—a teenaged Army orphan—discovers that love knows no bounds and life has many twists and turns of fate. After she is forced to move in with her late
mother’s sister Blanche and Blanche’s abusive alcoholic husband Dean, Sidney finds purpose and friendship in Lexy, the daughter of Max Heller the City’s most prominent widower and business magnate. Unknowingly, the girls’ antics awaken Blanche’s lost and suppressed passions and stirs Max’s long-thwarted drive to build a loving and complete family. What emerges is the wonderfully successful Epicurian Café, the brainchild of Blanche and Sydney bactively encouraged by Max and Lexy. The Café quickly becomes a center of the community, the start of a new life for Blanche and vSydney, and a chance for Max and Lexy to discover true love and the meaning of commitment. An emotional roller-coaster with its exciting twists and turns, Wildflower is an exhilarating and satisfying read.Excerpt:
“Why don’t we open a business? Like a simple sandwich and coffee shop,” Sydney announced with a glimmer of hope in her eyes.
“A sandwich shop?” Blanche asked, looking surprised and a bit taken aback.
“Yeah, why not?”
While Sydney waited for an answer, Blanche just looked at her, dumbfounded
“Sydney, I would love to open a sandwich shop, but it takes a lot of money--money that we just don’thave.”
“Oh please, Aunt Blanche! I bet you can get a loan from the bank. It will be exciting!” Sydney pleaded.
“I don’t think that your uncle will approve. Sydney I love your idea, truly do! I was taken aback at first, because it has always been a dream of mine to open a little shop of some kind on Main Street,” Blanche said wistfully. ”It costs a lot of money to open up a business, besides I have an offer for a job in Prescott.”
“Pooh on Uncle Dean, and turn down that job. For me, please? You can ask Annette how to open a business--she will know, since she owns her own business.” Sydney said begging her aunt.
“I will think about it, okay, Sydney?” Blanche said making her way to her closet and picking out a dress.Author Bio:
Alexandra Forry has an incredible talent for living vicariously through the colorful and intriguing escapades of her strong female characters and successful leading men. Her first book, “Omerta Affair,” based on the true story of mafia boss Tony Torino and his paramour Evelyn Rosenberg has recently been adapted and re-released as “Timeless Endings”~ romance fiction. Her latest book, “Wildflower,” is an adventure in coming of age for both a young orphan and her repressed aunt who is trapped in a destructive marriage. It is a beautiful story of life, hope, growth, and triumph and deals with many of the traumas of youth, such as bullying
Alexandra Forry is familiar with life’s challenges. She was born and raised in Las Vegas, Nevada, where she lives with her loving grandparents. Alexandra has conquered the limitations of Cerebral Palsy to write exciting and engaging novels. She has completed a number of talks and internet book tours and is a member of the Las Vegas Romance Writers and RWA.
Author Links -
- Website http://alexandraforry.com/
- Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alexandra-Forrys-Books/218124628245982
- Twitter https://twitter.com/forryalexandra
- Linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/pub/alexandra-forry/92/bb1/6a0
- Goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7191842.Alexandra_Forry
- Amazon http://www.amxczazon.com/Alexandra-Forry/e/B00JBGRIKO/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1?qid=1426998849&sr=8-1
6 Besties at BK Walker Books1. Best writing wardrobe. In my P.J.’s all the way!
2. Best Inspiration for writing. A Natural Crystal Salt Lamp, and soft music playing in the background with a glass of Pepsi.
3. Best writing place. I use to have this beautiful courtyard at my old house, and boy I wrought all the time out there. I miss it.
4. Best Pick-Me-Up book. Casino Love and Honor in Las Vegas by Nicholas Pileggi. ;)
5. Best secret talent. Oh, it has to be my beautiful talent for ceramic.
6. Best experience or writing idea. Nope, can’t tell you all my best writing idea. I’m writing it as we speak! As for my best experience, I like to keep it to myself.